Sunday, March 10, 2024

INYEON

I place my feet on top of the bus walls, 
Looking at the flashing lights, the rain washed windows and the hurried calls. 

Between the passengers there’s a tiny space,
A world lives within it, it seems like a haze. 

Unspoken stories and short tales,
Hidden inside tattered pockets, large hats and fake nails. 

What are they all thinking, where are they off to?
Could these be my past lovers, friends or at least the ones I would run to. 

There’s a familiar cough, a sigh, a tiny giggle, a faint lullaby,
An invisible string binds us all, surely this is not just by the by. 

There’s melody in this silence; it’s a comfortable one.
I’ve decided I know these strangers, in my heart there’s room for some. 

I shift and make space for an old nun,
She smiles, squeezes my shoulder, and says “I feel I know you, young one.” 

It’s time, I need to chase my destiny, I make way towards the growing sun.
Good bye my known unknowns from past lives, I’ll see you again, for the next many lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment