Friday, March 16, 2012

Phoenix

When the towers tumble,And all around is rubble,I look around the barren bounty,And think.
Its silence leans in to whisper,A lament, a cackle, and dewy jumble,I shrug those notes, a new melody now bodes,Like the rise of a phoenix, my song thus goes -“All gone away,Broken down this way.Who cares, I ask,My happiness I never mask.Of what is left behind is more than I need,To be happy I feed my mind with a seed.Of joy,That's buried in my smile for long,Till the time my last breath finally dawns.”
When the canvas holds the reflections of your storied soul,The shadows, the strokes hide inside the tiny pores.The vulnerable beauty gently wrapped in paints,Now lost in their words, jives and hateYou splash the vibrance once more,On the white,with a songOf your heart,That sings with might-"of that art that has washed away,From the soul,The dust of everyday.The coloured spectrum of my thoughts have,A will to see the bright in the black,So I smile at them, I happily gloat,And in that all, I make my hair daringly toss.”
When your life and its ordinariesChar your heart with grey,When the dark in your heartClouds the light of the day,You throw your worriesLook to the world to sayThis song that plays in my heart, all the way-"A bleak living now I say,But for a long life I pray,Each day I wake with a melody that says,It’s a new day now, all wrong will fade.Live, love and let all go.What is gone is gone.Let the ‘winds of change’ flow."

No comments:

Post a Comment